Wednesday, June 8, 2011

CNN: Nearly 50% of Americans foresee another Great Depression in the next year

48% in CNN Poll believe a Great Depression is coming in the next year

Key Quote: "Forty-eight percent say that another Great Depression is likely to occur in the next year - the highest that figure has ever reached. The survey also indicates that just under half live in a household where someone has lost a job or are worried that unemployment may hit them in the near future. The poll was conducted starting Friday, when the Labor Department reported that the nation's jobless rate edged up to 9.1 percent."

That's nearly one in two folks.  You've heard me say over the life of this podcast that I believe we may be on the leading edge of another Great Depression (a "Greater" Depression, if you will).  I'm starting to think we've been in one for a while now and that only the obfuscation of those in government and the media has been masking what is truly going on.

1 comment:

  1. A bit off topic, but I recall my grandfather telling me how his grandfather said to him in 1930 "the world is going to h*** in a hand basket".

    I wonder what my great-great grandfather would have thought of the world in 2011?

    The headlines sure have been discouraging this week.

    ReplyDelete