Saturday, April 2, 2011

Another reason why dogs are great for survival and preparedness

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14369871

What a positive story!  Too often it's easy to focus on the negative, but this certainly has a connection with the idea of "survival", in this case the overnight survival of a two-year-old.  Dogs offer many advantages in a survival context (early warning, protection, companionship) but of course you have to store food for them as well.  Regardless, this account was a great illustration of the value of canines so I thought I would share.*

(*NOTE: The "parents" in this case seemed to do a lousy job at watching this child, but that doesn't negate what the dog did to watch over the little guy...)

2 comments:

  1. I count my dog as a gift from God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do we! I'm pretty much convinced that dogs are a specific gift God gave to humanity as faithful companions. :)

    ReplyDelete