Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Who is Chip Monk?

What a great question!  Well, first off I'm a husband, father, teacher, author, artist, occasional minister, outdoors enthusiast, sport shooter, hunter, and a plethora of other things.  But I'm also someone who has been interested in Survival/Preparedness topics since I was a young boy growing up in the mountains of Southern Oregon, just over the hill from Mel Tappan.  Around Y2K and again after 9/11 and Katrina, I found myself being drawn back towards topics and themes relating to helping people prepare for the unexpected.  Now, I'm hosting a podcast dedicated to helping families prepare to not only survive disasters, but to help others while doing so.
My wife and two young children are also contributors to "The Chip Monk Family Survival Podcast" in that they are a part of all the fun and interesting activities we take part in as we strive to relearn lost skills of the past and develop new ways of doing things for the unknown future facing all of us.
Thanks again for stopping by to spend a little quality time with Chip! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment